Monday 25 April 2011

Initial thoughts for my virtual exhibition

As part of the Professional Practice module on my Fine Art course we need to create a virtual exhibition.  Before I can begin the curation process I shall need to think through a theme or idea for the exhibition and then go on to analyse relevant works and practices to fit within it. I'll ultimately construct a maquette of the show out of card.  This virtual model needs to be a display comprising of established pieces of art either traditional or contemporary that fit in with the theme. 

My initial thought is for my exhibition to focus on the subject of nature and the outdoor world. I would like to display the art outside. I have chosen to call my exhibition 'Friend Of Nature'. Through the curation process appropriate work that fits in and compliments it's surroundings need to be selected.

As a starting point I shall look into various scultural forms and pieces of land art aswell as two dimensional works that are displayed outdoors and from this proceed to develop a virtual exhibition. Examples of work displayed outside can be seen below.

File:Henry Moore - Two Piece Reclining Figure 5 - Kenwood.jpg
Two Piece Reclining Figure No.5, Bronze, 1963-64, Henry Moore.

Stone towers made on a beach in Newfoundland, Canada.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool! Would you be interested in submitting this photo in our contest? We're looking for more public art pics especially from Newfoundland. Here are the details on the contest:
    http://artseast.blogspot.ca/2014/05/contest-snap-photo-of-public-art.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers